the family atmosphere between administration and staff. I love working with my students and they love learning.” Rocky Whitely, Algebra, Statistics and Risk Management Teacher at Navasota High School
W.B. Bizzell Academy Home
Learning... Leading... Succeeding
W.B. Bizzell Academy
- 100% Class of 2018 accepted to a college/trade school/military
- $800,000+ in scholarships awarded to 2017 seniors
- $50,000+ raised to support community organizations
- 16.8:1 Student-Teacher Ratio Grades K-5
- 17.4:1 Student-Teacher Ratio Grades 6-12
- 35+% teachers with 11 or more years of experience
- 100% students served free breakfast daily
- 60 college credit hours earnable by Navasota High Students
- 5 Career and Technology Endorsement Programs
- 96% 2016-2017 graduation rate
- Elementary Campuses offer Music, Art, P.E., and Computer Classes weekly
“My favorite part of working at Navasota ISD is the small town atmosphere of the district. I love how everyone knows one another and that education is personal.” Kristi Ramsey, Associate Principal at Navasota High School
is THE PEOPLE! The relationships that I’ve built with students and friendships that have been formed with colleagues are still vibrant today. So it is THE PEOPLE, for years and years, who have made every day special for me at Navasota ISD. Once a Rattler...Always a Rattler!” Nancy Bouliane, Librarian at Navasota High School
January is School Board Recognition Month and Navasota ISD is honored to celebrate its trustees for their dedication and commitment to the district’s schools and students.
Our Bizzell LEOs held a toy drive for a deserving family in our community this December. They wrapped the donated gifts as well as donating many from their own homes or purchases. They also rang bells for the Salvation Army and hosted a Christmas party with cookie and stocking decorating, ornament making, Christmas music, and lots of food and fun! We are so proud of our LEOs and how such a small group of students can accomplish so much for our school and community.
a newsletter for our emergent bilingual (Spanish-speaking) families
Bizzell LEOs had another great day volunteering at the Fairgrounds. The cold weather did not slow down our LEOs as they packed boxes and loaded cars with food for needy families in our community. Great job, LEOs!